Saturday, June 4, 2011

ARGH! Firefox bug!

Apparently, the problem I have been having with my XSL has been a firefox bug.

Because this was my first serious foray into XSL in a long time, I just assumed that I was getting the syntax wrong, but apparently firefox has difficulty with applying css rules to elements generated by an xsl transformation. It works "correctly" in Internet explorer, insofar that the displayed page is incorrect in exactly the same way in both the dynamic document as well as a hard translated document. Using a nifty tool that I found online, I found out that the document being produced was accurate, and would work correctly if preprocessed before loading it in firefox. By XMLMind and free for personal use. I might try out another browser for the remainder of this writeup. Notably, web design is not commonly done using XML and XSL documents, so the situation of using a pre-processed XML document is much more common than that of loading an XML document with a transform tag into the browser directly. Still, it is a little disappointing. Maybe Chrome or Opera can do it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment