Sunday, May 22, 2011

XML: Recipe Document (part 4)

Now I am working on mocking up a display for a recipe in my xml format. I wanted something that looked like an old fashioned recipe card, and then thought that a checkered tablecloth background would work with the theme. Found the texture on this guy's profile, and it seemed that people were free to use it. Right now, it is a little imperfect, you might notice, for example uneven font sizes and things not lining up, but I was just trying to make something that might look decent inside a nominally small 800x600 limit, and I think for that, it came out all right. I also used some Lorem Ipsum text, a common place holder for where one might eventually put a lot of text. At the end of a first try, I made this:

I used Inkscape for mocking up the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment