Thursday, May 26, 2011

XML: Recipe Document (part 7)

Ok, haven't had much time for this recently, but let's skip a bit ahead. I have put the following into a css file:


I have retooled my HTML document like so:


First, I want to start off with one statement: I feel like I cheated a little bit by using the clear class. Right now I need it to keep the procedure picture elements from not overflowing the bottom of the entire recipe document section. I hope to get rid of that later. Generally, the HTML document should have as little information about form as possible; this should be left up to the CSS. Second, You might notice I put some weird background colors to each section. It helps me while playing around with css to be able to picture each of the different blocks of text and see quickly where things move. In my css document, I have separated out temporary information towards the bottom. I added a right and bottom border, but no other borders to the image divs to give it the feel of a drop shadow. I am happy to see that I kinda have all the text sections in the right place in the document now compared to my earlier mock up image, but there is still a lot of fine tuning to do in terms of aesthetic improvements, but the shape is starting to come together.


No comments:

Post a Comment